The weather forecast has deteriorated in the last day or so, we will make a decision Tuesday lunchtime as to whether the event will go ahead.
The start order for WSBH 2023 may be found herehttp://www.waltonrowingclub.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/WSBH-Start-Order-2023.pdf
Competitors and general info is here
Entries have reached their limit so all divisions are suspended.
Walton Small Boats Head 9th December 2023
Entries will open on BROE on 7th November.
Walton Small Boats Head is raced over a course of approximately 3000 metres, downstream from d’Oyly Carte Island, Weybridge, to Miskins Wharf, which is just upstream of Walton Rowing Club.
This year’s race will be held in three divisions starting at 10.00, 12.00 and 14.00
Entries close at 10am on Tuesday 28th November or when our safety limit or trailer capacity has been reached. Visiting clubs will be allocated their boating location, either at Walton RC, the Cowey Sale car park or Desborough Sailing Club. Neighbouring clubs are encouraged to share trailers.
Second and third place medals for events with more than six and eleven entries respectively.
You may enter any event in any division which are offered in combinations of the following categories:
1x / 2x / 2-
Open / Women / Mixed.
All Masters Cats, J18, J17, J16, J15, J14.
Events will be banded according to PRI where appropriate.
- All competitors must be competent & capable of completing a 10k outing per division entered. Crews should be able to turn around a buoy and paddle off to race without trouble.
- Any crew the race officials believe not to comply with this will be prevented from racing.
- Competitors in J16 and above are encouraged to race in more than one event in different divisions but competitors may not enter the same event in different divisions.
- Juniors under the age of 15 may not compete in sweep-oared events.
- We reserve the right to limit the number of entries in any division.
- Our distinctive medals will be presented on the day to the winners in all events where at least three crews have entered and to second or third placed crews as described above. The fastest crew overall in each boat type, open, women, mixed or junior, will be awarded a medal if there are under three entries in their particular event. Only one medal per entry.
- Masters and mixed events may be grouped together and medals awarded at our discretion in order to give the maximum number of competitors the chance of racing for a medal.
- Handicaps will be applied where appropriate.
Entry fees: Sculler £17 Pair or double £34
Entries and payments must be made via BROE before close of entries or your entries may not be accepted.
If we are forced to cancel the event we will make every effort to limit our costs incurred due to the organisation of the event but we may retain a percentage of the entry fees in order to cover any outstanding expenses.
Refunds for withdrawn entries will only be given if notice is received before the close of entries.
If you require further information email smallboats@ [this website address]
This notice, the start order and results will be available on the Walton Rowing Club website, www.waltonrowingclub.co.uk as will any other notices and instructions concerning the race.