Walton Small Boats Head 14th December 2019
Update 9:35 am Thursday 12th December
I’m afraid Walton Small Boats 2019 has been cancelled. The EA have told us the boards will be going red today and more rain is forecast over the next 24 hours. Also up to 20 mph winds are forecast during Saturday.
Thank you for your entries, hope to see you all next year, we will make a full refund to those of you who have paid once we receive our payment from BROE.
Under British Rowing Rules of Racing and RowSafe guidance
Walton Small Boats Head is raced over a course of approximately 3000 metres, downstream from d’Oyly Carte Island, Weybridge, to Miskins Wharf, which is just upstream of Walton Rowing Club.
Entries will be going live on BROE2 the second week in November
Three divisions will be run starting at 10.00, 12.00 and 14.00
Events are offered in combinations of the following categories which run across all three divisions:
1x / 2x / 2-
Open / Women’s / Mixed
Masters / Juniors / PR3 / AR3
Senior entries will be banded depending on the number of entries and personal ranking totals of the crews or scullers.
Second and third place medals for events with more than five and nine entries respectively
Competitors in J16 and above are encouraged to race in more than one event in different divisions, competitors may not race more than once in the same event.
Doubling up: There will be a separate open band for crews wishing to double up. So open crews wanting to double up should enter their open event twice stating that they are doubling up. Junior or masters crews wishing to double up should enter a different age group or the open category for their age boat type. The doubling up band may be subdivided according to personal rankings depending on entries. To be eligible for a medal in the doubling up band competitors must have completed the course twice not necessarily in the same crew.
All Masters Cats , J18, J17, J16, J15, J14
- All competitors must be competent & capable of completing a 10k outing per division entered.
- Juniors under the age of 15 may not compete in sweep-oared events.
- We reserve the right to limit the number of entries in any division.
- Our distinctive medals will be presented on the day to the winners in all events where at least three crews have entered and to second or third placed crews as described above. The fastest crew overall in each boat type, open, women, mixed or junior, will be awarded a medal if there are under three entries in their particular event. Only one medal per entry.
- Masters categories may be grouped together and medals awarded at our discretion to give the maximum number of competitors the chance to race for a medal. Please state if you wish to race in the top band. Handicaps will be applied where appropriate.
- There will be a masters novice band for competitors typically with RPI less than 10. Obviously the crew should have no previous wins and not have raced in championship events at British Masters and other top events. Enter the masters category for the crew and state you wish to race as novice. Please respect the spirit of this category.
- Where a substitution is made to a senior or masters crew after the close of entries that would raise the band originally allotted to the crew it will be considered to be competing in the highest band.
Entry fees: Sculler £13.00 Pair or double £26.00
Entries must be made via BROE and payments should be made via BROE or by cheque before the close of entries or your entries may not be accepted.
Please send cheques to: WSBH, 12 Felcott Close, Walton on Thames, Surrey, KT12 5NT. Please include entry details with cheques.
Entries close at 10pm on Thursday 5th December or when our safety limit has been reached.
Refunds for withdrawn entries will only be given if notice is received before the close of entries
If you require further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
This notice, the start order and results will be available on the Walton Rowing Club website, www.waltonrowingclub.co.uk as will any other notices and instructions concerning the race.