Walton Small Boats Head
Saturday 14th December 2019
Walton Small Boats Head is raced over a course of approximately 3000 metres, downstream from d’Oyly Carte Island, Weybridge, to Miskins Wharf, which is just upstream of Walton Rowing Club.
This year race will be held in THREE divisions starting at 10.00, 12.00 and 14.00
Second and third place medals for events with more than five and nine entries respectively
Competitors in J16 and above are encouraged to race in more than one event in different divisions, competitors may not race more than once in the same event.
Events are offered in combinations of the following categories which run across all three divisions:
1x / 2x / 2-
Open / Women’s / Mixed
Senior entries will be banded depending on the number of entries and personal ranking totals of the crews or scullers.
At present we working on the rules for crews wishing to double up.
All Masters Cats , J18, J17, J16, J15, J14
- All competitors must be competent & capable of completing a 10k outing per division entered.
- Juniors under the age of 15 may not compete in sweep-oared events.
- We reserve the right to limit the number of entries in any division.
- Our distinctive medals will be presented on the day to the winners in all events where at least three crews have entered and to second or third placed crews as described above. The fastest crew overall in each boat type, open, women, mixed or junior, will be awarded a medal if there are under three entries in their particular event. Only one medal per entry.
- Masters categories may be grouped together and medals awarded at our discretion to give the maximum number of competitors the chance to race for a medal. Please state if you wish to race in the top band. Handicaps will be applied where appropriate.
- There will be a masters novice band for competitors typically with RPI less than 100. Obviously the crew should have no previous wins and not have raced in championship events at British Masters and other top events. Enter the masters category for the crew and state you wish to race as novice. Please respect the spirit of this category.
- Where a substitution is made to a senior or masters crew after the close of entries that would raise the band originally allotted to the crew it will be considered to be competing in the highest band.
Entry fees: Sculler £13.00 Pair or double £26.00
Entries must be made via BROE and payments should be made via BROE or by cheque before the close of entries or your entries may not be accepted.
Please send cheques to: WSBH, 12 Felcott Close, Walton on Thames, Surrey, KT12 5NT. Please include entry details with cheques.
Entries close at 12 noon on Sunday 8th December or when our safety limit has been reached.
Refunds for withdrawn entries will only be given if notice is received before the close of entries
If you require further information email email@example.com
This notice, the start order and results will be available on the Walton Rowing Club website, www.waltonrowingclub.co.uk as will any other notices and instructions concerning the race.