Walton Small Boats Head 11th December 2021
News: Entries have now closed.
Thank you for your entries, sorry to those we couldn’t fit in.
Those of you yet to pay please do so.
Start order and other details will be posted here by Tuesday.
Boating locations for visiting clubs will be at Walton RC, Cowey Sale (Walton Bridge) and Desborough Sailing Club.
Clubs with trailers will be allocated one of the locations.
If you are able to share a trailer with another club please let us know.
Competitors arriving with boats on roof racks will drop boats at Xcel Centre and boat from Walton Rowing Club.
Covid 19: All crews entering Walton Small Boats Head must agree to abide by British Rowing and Government advice.
Before attending Walton Small Boats Head all participants, officials, volunteers and spectators should self-assess for symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19). These are:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste
If you have one or more of these symptoms you should not attend even if your symptoms are mild. You should follow NHS advice on testing and self-isolation
Walton Small Boats Head is raced over a course of approximately 3000 metres, downstream from d’Oyly Carte Island, Weybridge, to Miskins Wharf, which is just upstream of Walton Rowing Club.
This year’s race will be held in THREE divisions starting at 10.00, 12.00 and 14.00
Second and third place medals for events with more than six and eleven entries respectively
Competitors in J16 and above are encouraged to race in more than one event in different divisions but competitors may not enter the same event in different divisions.
You may enter any event in any division which are offered in combinations of the following categories:
1x / 2x / 2-
Open / Women / Mixed.
All Masters Cats, J18, J17, J16, J15, J14.
Events will be banded according to PRI where appropriate.
- All competitors must be competent & capable of completing a 10k outing per division entered. Crews should be able to turn around a buoy and paddle off to race without trouble.
- Any crew the race officials believe not to comply with this will be prevented from racing.
- Juniors under the age of 15 may not compete in sweep-oared events.
- We reserve the right to limit the number of entries in any division.
- Our distinctive medals will be presented on the day to the winners in all events where at least three crews have entered and to second or third placed crews as described above. The fastest crew overall in each boat type, open, women, mixed or junior, will be awarded a medal if there are under three entries in their particular event. Only one medal per entry.
- Masters and mixed events may be grouped together and medals awarded at our discretion in order to give the maximum number of competitors the chance of racing for a medal.
- Handicaps will be applied where appropriate.
Entry fees: Sculler £15.00 Pair or double £30.00
Entries and payments must be made via BROE before close of entries or your entries may not be accepted.
If we are forced to cancel the event we will make every effort to limit our costs incurred due to the organisation of the event but we may retain a percentage of the entry fees in order to cover any outstanding expenses.
Entries close at midday on Thursday 2nd December or when our safety limit has been reached.
Refunds for withdrawn entries will only be given if notice is received before the close of entries unless it is for reason of Covid-19 self-isolation.
If you require further information email email@example.com
This notice, the start order and results will be available on the Walton Rowing Club website, www.waltonrowingclub.co.uk as will any other notices and instructions concerning the race.