Walton Small Boats Head
Saturday 9th December 2017
According to British Rowing one of your last chances to race under the old points system!
Walton Small Boats Head is raced over a course of approximately 3000 metres, downstream from d’Oyly Carte Island, Weybridge, to Miskins Wharf, which is just upstream of Walton Rowing Club.
This year race will be held in THREE divisions starting at 10.00, 12.00 and 14.00
Second and third place medals for events with more than six and eleven entries respectively
This change is in order to allow more time for boat changes in between divisions
Competitors in J16 and above are encouraged to race in more than one event in different divisions, competitors may not race more than once in the same event (BROE won’t let you).
Events are offered in combinations of the following categories in all divisions:
1x / 2x / 2-
Open / Women’s / Mixed.
Elite, Senior, IM1, IM2, IM3, Nov, All Masters Cats (including novice), J18, J17, J16, J15, J14
- All competitors must be competent & capable of completing a 10k outing per division entered.
- Juniors under the age of 15 may not compete in sweep-oared events.
- We reserve the right to limit the number of entries in any division.
- Our distinctive medals will be presented on the day to the winners in all events where at least three crews have entered and to second or third placed crews as described above. The fastest crew overall in each boat type, open, women, mixed or junior, will be awarded a medal if there are under three entries in their particular event. Only one medal per entry.
- Masters and mixed events may be grouped together and pots awarded at our discretion in order to give the maximum number of competitors the chance of racing for a medal. Handicaps will be applied where appropriate.
Entry fees: Sculler £12.00 Pair or double £24.00
Entries must be made via BROE and payments should be made via BROE or by cheque before the close of entries or your entries may not be accepted.
Please send cheques to: WSBH, 12 Felcott Close, Walton on Thames, Surrey, KT12 5NT. Please include entry details with cheques.
Entries close at 12 noon on Sunday 3rd December or when our safety limit has been reached.
Refunds for withdrawn entries will only be given if notice is received before the close of entries
If you require further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
This notice, the start order and results will be available on the Walton Rowing Club website, www.waltonrowingclub.co.uk as will any other notices and instructions concerning the race.