Please start by reading the “Information for All Joiners” page and the relevant section underneath that. To apply for membership please read this page to the end, where you will find a link to the online application form. The Club’s rules and organisational structure are described in detail at http://www.waltonrowingclub.co.uk/club-stuff/club-rule-book/
Categories of membership
The following categories of membership are offered:
- FULL: active members over 18 years of age
- JUNIOR: under 18 years of age
- STUDENT: undergraduates of any recognised university or place of learning up to the age of 23 years
- HOLIDAY: Non-members of Walton RC who wish to row/scull during official holiday periods at school or university (subject to acceptance)
- FAMILY: The first Full Member of a family must pay a Full subscription; then the spouse of a Full Member and any Junior Members of the family may have a 33⅓% discount on their subscriptions. Family Discount is limited to Full and Junior Members.
- SOCIAL: Social members may not use the club for rowing or sculling, but may cox at the Captain’s discretion.
Subscriptions and payment method
See http://www.waltonrowingclub.co.uk/club-stuff/subscriptions/ for the current subscription level for each category. A one-off joining fee of £25 applies for all classes of membership, except HOLIDAY and SOCIAL applicants.
Subscriptions run from 1st January to 31st December. The subscription for the first year is “pro rata” according to the number of months’ membership in that year. The “pro rata” benefit does not apply to HOLIDAY membership.
Membership Fees and Regatta Fees will be collected by Direct Debit. Details of how to set this up will be emailed to you on receipt of this form. Your election to membership by the club’s committee will occur after your Direct Debit has been set up. Members who resign should cancel their Direct Debit.
Consent for active membership
By applying for membership I confirm that:
- I am able to swim a minimum of 100 metres
- I understand that rowing or sculling is undertaken at my own risk
- I have not been advised by a doctor not to undertake strenuous exercise and have declared any disability or medical condition which might be relevant to rowing or sculling.
- I understand that the Club’s insurance policy covers third party and member-to-member claims only when using Club equipment
- I agree to indemnify the Club and its Officers (whether through insurance or otherwise) against any other claims arising from my membership or activities on or off the river
- I have read the Club’s Safety Code (http://www.waltonrowingclub.co.uk/club-safety-code/) and the Club’s Rules (http://www.waltonrowingclub.co.uk/club-stuff/club-rule-book/) and agree to be bound by them
- I agree to the Club photographing or videoing rowing activities in which I am involved for coaching or publicity purposes; the names or identities of individuals will not be revealed in conjunction with such material without express consent being obtained by the Club
- I agree that any remuneration from sponsorship or commercial activity related to rowing or sculling is the property of WALTON ROWING CLUB to administer: subject to British Rowing Rules – Section J – Payments – Athletes and Clubs.
I apply to become a member of Walton Rowing Club Limited subject to its Articles of Association, and agree to contribute a maximum of £1 in the event of its winding up. Please enter my name in the Register of Members.
Terms and conditions for junior membership
By applying for membership, the parent or guardian consents to the following:
- I agree to my child taking part in the activities of the Club and understand that I will be kept informed about these activities eg session times and transport details.
- I have read and agree to abide by and uphold the rules of Walton Rowing Club.
- I agree to the Club photographing or videoing rowing activities in which my child is involved for coaching or publicity purposes; the names or identities of individuals will not be revealed in conjunction with such material without express consent being obtained by the Club.
- If I cannot be contacted and my child should require emergency medical treatment I authorise a qualified medical practitioner to provide emergency treatment or medication under the supervision of the relevant coach.
- My child applies to become a member of Walton Rowing Club Limited subject to its articles of association, and I agree to contribute a maximum of £1 on his/her behalf in the event of its winding up. Please enter my child’s name in the Register of Members.
Please complete the online application form at https://forms.gle/4bcaFGKMY2AhXCcLA